Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Easter break begins after school is over tomorrow. That means that after break we only have five more weeks of running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I ran into two friends today that I had hung out with a lot last semester. They asked me where in the world I had been. My answer? The music building. During a theory study session the other night, we all agreed that we should have dorms dug out in the basement of the music building, just so we don't have to go all the way home at night. After all, we're only home for about eight hours before we're back again. Did I really sign up for this?

Yet I can't imagine being anything other than a music major. I think my desire to play music and be moved by it's passion and genius would drive me insane. I hear music in everything. . .the ding of the elevator that is mainly a D, but has a bunch of other notes mixed in somehow. I solfege the chime of the Student Union bell, and try to figure out which note the ATM machine makes when it beeps at me. I never tire of singing Mozart's Requiem, even though I rehearse it at least five days a week. After rehearsal today, my friend and I waltzed down the sidewalk singing the soprano part to the Lacrymosa movement, and everyone looked at us like we were crazy.

Somehow I can't help myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home