Friday, February 25, 2005

I decided on a whim to be irresponsible and skip Theory 4 this morning. I knew exactly what the class was going to be on, and it was nothing I hadn't learned before. Besides, I didn't have any absences or skipped any classes until now, and when a classmate begged me to skip with her, I agreed. We weren't sure what we were going to do because we normally live in the music building, but we were going to give it a try.

We spent the next hour wandering around campus, discussing the opera, instrumentalists, vocalists, accompanists, and our favorite professors. I laughed for an hour straight. We agreed that trying to date in the music program is next to impossible, that male instrumentalists don't realize how attractive they are because they dress so sloppily, that Wittenburg is the most fascinating prof we know of so far, and that we should definitely get some sort of recompense for learning music and performing it at the last minute. It was the grandest hour of doing absolutely nothing on campus that I have had in a long time.

Yet my absence in class was not without it's consequences. The rest of the day I was either late or early to everything, due to my watch being off. I missed accompanying the choir, dragged a friend to class an hour early, and was generally confused the remainder of the day.

I think just that one hour of nonsense was worth it, though.
(And my apologies to all you who may have suffered because of it).

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Oh, you should meet the music guys at UP. They are very few (we are all very few) but oh, so very hot. And they show it off. Most have girlfriends, but its all good.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a free sheet music cello
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is free sheet music cello

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home