Monday, February 07, 2005

"Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit." Ecc. 7:8

I read this last night after a day of wishing that I was in another place in life. I could excuse my wishing with my first born syndrome of always wanting to push forward and lead the way, etc. I could excuse it with my perfectionist tendencies and how I constantly see the potential of the way things could be, and wanting to change them. I could excuse it with my romanticism, or my idealism, or even my youth. Besides, it even says that the end is better than the beginning. Can't I just have the end now?

Yet a patient spirit is better than the proud...patient...is better...
My pride that tells me that my plan and timing is better than God's.
But a patient spirit is better...
And so I wait...

"...For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content..."
Phil. 4:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home