Friday, April 23, 2004

"Hey, smile for the camera."
I looked up to see the one of the barista's from the coffee shop downstairs holding up his cell phone and taking my picture. I smiled and waved for the camera.
"Thanks, that was cute." he said.
"So what are you going to do with my picture now?"
"I'm going to post it on the web."
"What's the address? I'd like to see myself on the web."
"No one can get to the site, it's private."
"Somehow that doesn't sound good, Sean."
He laughed. "How 'bout I email the picture to you. What's your name?"
"Odessa."
"By the way, how did you know my name?"
"You know that little piece of plastic you pin on your shirt at work? I usually assume that's the person's name."
He laughed again. "I never read people's name tags."
This time I laughed. "I don't read everyone's either, just the people who make my espresso."
"So you're saying I should feel special?"
"That's right. Did it work?"
"Oh, yeah. I definately feel special now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home