Thursday, April 22, 2004

The air was dark, warm, and heavy with moisture. I closed my eyes and lifted my face as the small raindrops fell on me, washing away some of my tension and weariness. After a five hours of rehearsal my mind was completely void of anything intelligent and all I wanted was to shut out Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms for a few minutes and think about nothing. As much as I love music and all that goes along with a career in that field, there are a few random moments when I don't want to think or hear anything resembling notes. I later wrote in a email to my sister, "Being a music student is all about hard work, many moments of excitement and adrenaline, and a few long moments of extreme exhaustion. This is one of the exhaustion moments."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home